EFL CHALLENGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to residents of England and Wales aged 18 years and over (excluding employees of the EFL, Sports Interactive or any other company linked to the competition in any way).
2. No purchase necessary to enter.
3. By entering the competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
4. The competition is open from midday on Saturday, November 11th until the first winning entry is received or midnight (GMT) on Sunday, February 11th 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
5. The Prize: A pair of General Admission tickets to the Carabao Cup Final, at Wembley Stadium on Sunday, February 25th 2018 and transport to and from the event for two people (transport to be provided by Sports Interactive).
6. To Enter: Using any version of Football Manager 2018 (Football Manager 2018, Football Manager Mobile 2018 or Football Manager Touch 2018) entrants must take control of one of the 24 clubs currently in League Two and manage them to win The Championship. Proof of completion of the task must be communicated to Sports Interactive via the Football Manager Twitter account (@footballmanager). All claims will have to be verified by the Sports Interactive team before a winner is selected.
Conditions apply, as follows:
a) The entrant must win the Championship with a current League Two side. Their promotion to the Championship can occur via any means of promotion through the lower leagues (Automatic or Play-Off) but within the Championship they must finish the season in first place.
b) Entrants will be required to provide Sports Interactive with a save game file for the purposes of verification.
c) Entrants must not use the pre-game editor or any in-game editor at any point during the challenge. If any database changes are noted on the save file, the entry will be deemed ineligible and discarded.
d) Only one user manager may have been created within the save game in total. Save games with active or retired additional user managers will be deemed ineligible and discarded.
e) Entrants must play through all competitive matches and not ‘holiday’. Any save game where the manager has spent time on holiday will be deemed ineligible and discarded.
f) The verdict produced by Sports Interactive’s verification process will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
8. Internet access and a personal email and access to a Twitter account are required for entry.
9. The winner will be notified by Sports Interactive via Twitter. They will be requested to direct message to share their first name, last name, email address, contact number and home address within 48 hours of being contacted so that arrangements can be made to deliver their prize.
10. The promoter will not be responsible if the winner does not respond within 48 hours of notification and an alternative winner is selected.
11. No correspondence will be entered into and the Promoter’s decision will be final and binding.
12. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any alternatives in whole or in part. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
14. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
15. The winner shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity, photography and any filming) surrounding the winning of the prizes, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (including, to the extent applicable, the EFL) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury or death caused by our negligence or fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. For the avoidance of doubt this is not a competition or promotion of the EFL, any clubs or their respective group companies nor is there any liability or contractual obligation owed to a prize winner by the EFL, clubs or respective group companies relating to the promotion.
17. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
18. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication or website error.
19. If a winning entry or entrant is deemed not to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the entry or entrant will be discarded and the prize will be allocated to a reserve entrant.
20. The winner of any prize which includes tickets is not permitted, by virtue of Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1998 to sell or otherwise dispose of the tickets to any other third party whatsoever, unless agreed by the Promoter and EFL in writing. Use of all tickets won under this promotion is subject to the EFL’s Conditions of Issue for tickets which will be notified to winners with applicable tickets and can otherwise be found at: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/ticketcondit.... Please note this includes a requirement to, amongst other things, comply with the ground regulations of Wembley Stadium which can be found at: http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations.
21. The winner and their guest attending a venue to enjoy their prize must also comply with all policies, rules and reasonable instructions provided by the EFL, venue operators and/or any authority at the venue. The EFL, the relevant venue operators and authorities reserve the right to remove any entrant or winner (and/or their permitted guests) for failing to comply with those policies, rules or instructions or otherwise behaving in an inappropriate manner.
21. The EFL will be provided with information (including name and address) of the competition winner and their guest for prize administration and databases will be checked against any Club Banning Orders as well as the National Police Database for those who may be subject to a court banning order. The EFL will not otherwise use the winner’s personal details for reasons other than the above, unless lawfully permitted to do so.
22. By entering the promotion users agree to receive communication about their progress in the promotion and important messages regarding how to improve their performance, deadlines and results.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winner. The winner may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the competition consents to such participation.
24. The name of the prize winner will be available by sending a correctly stamped envelope/postcard addressed Sports Interactive to the following address: PO Box 60255, London EC1P 1GG within two months of the Closing Date.
25. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
26. The Promoter of this competition is Sports Interactive Ltd.